Zelda: Ocarina of Time surpassed?
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever November 2007
    http://nsidernews.com/remember-this-day-fo...eo-game-legend/
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time has been surpassed, known as the greatest game of all time and sitting on the top position for over 9 years, Ocarina of Time steps down to number 2.

Today, November 16th, 2007, Gamerankings shows Super Mario Galaxy’s average review score of 97.9%, beating Ocarina of Time’s 97.5%, exceeded all expectation.

discuss.
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo November 2007
    Twilight Princess on Wii I think is by far the best game ever made. I'd rate it over the other Zelda because of the unique wii mote controls involved.

On that thought, I'm looking forward to Mario.
  • PotatoPotato November 2007
    fuck that and fuck you. (in regards to ocarina being usurped.)
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon November 2007
    Starcraft? Alpha Centauri? Chrono Trigger? Final Fantasy 6? Zelda: Link to the Past? AoE2 + Conquerors? Super Mario 64? Hell, I think even Warcraft 2 is better.
  • JonobonoJonobono November 2007
    Ocarina of time was absolutly spectacular when it was released. It was a few years ahead of its time. Bare in mind that releases at that time still included 2d games. Everything about it, from story line, to developement was just superbly done.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton November 2007
    QUOTE (Jonobono @ Nov 18 2007, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Ocarina of time was absolutely spectacular when it was released. It was a few years ahead of its time. Bare in mind that releases at that time still included 2d games. Everything about it, from story line, to development was just superbly done.

Completely agreed.

Remember they resold Ocarina of Time twice for the Gamecube and once more on the Wii. I still play Ocarina of Time once in a while. It's an amazing game and deserves all the credit it has received. If Super Mario Galaxy is actually that good of a game. Expect the drought of Wii consoles to last.
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon November 2007
    I will agree that it is a very good game in its own right. I have no comment about Galaxy, having not played it myself; but I would venture a guess that it's not as good as OOT and people are still just really hyped about it. It's just that I wouldn't call it the best game.
    Well those stats are as of now. There will be more reviews for Galaxy that will most likely bring it down below Ocarina.
  • ErlingErling November 2007
    Sadly I hate most of the "Top games of all time" apparently so I'll withhold my own judgment.
  • neocronneocron November 2007
    Pfff the best game of all time is clearly Twisted Metal 2 World Tour.
    lol rofl lol
  • dandan November 2007
    rofl rofl omg.

-dan

p.s. I haven't played most of the games on the "Top games of all time" list. But Galaxy does look better than all of them.
  • 0%3Duid%28root%290=uid(root) November 2007
    they had one of those demo machines in eb games with the new mario game.

mehhhh i wasn't impressed.

best game ever is probably blast corps for n64
  • Jeebus%26%2333%3BJeebus! December 2007
    Megaman soccer was a pretty sweet game.
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo December 2007
    QUOTE (Jeebus! @ Dec 4 2007, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Megaman soccer was a pretty sweet game.

qft
  • BlackLightBlackLight December 2007
    im actually playing through ocarina of time for about the tenth time here at college and i just beat the spirit temple. this game is still as sick as the first time i played it in fourth grade. i look forward to playing galaxy
  • Metal Gear Solid 4 deserves that title despite not even being out yet.
  • QUOTE (Funky Pasta T0mmY @ Dec 4 2007, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Metal Gear Solid 4 deserves that title despite not even being out yet.

Knights of the Old Republic III is the best ever, and it's not even been announced yet.
  • PheylanPheylan December 2007
    I'm gonna have to go with Tetris, on my TI-83. No matter what, that game never got old. Or at the very least, it was more engaging then listening to my teacher.
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon December 2007
    I play Phoenix on my Ti-84 with MirageOS.

Assuming I forget my DS.
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever December 2007
    QUOTE (Working Class Hero @ Dec 4 2007, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Knights of the Old Republic III is the best ever, and it's not even been announced yet.

I loved the first two games! Can't wait for KotORIII =P
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership