Tattoos
  • LethaLLethaL November 2007
    I'm thinking about getting a tattoo, and i want to know if anyone else here has some. I'm not sure what i want, but i know i definately want to get one. After getting it, do you regret it? also where is it located?
  • GachiGachi November 2007
    QUOTE (LethaL @ Nov 11 2007, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I would like tog et opinions about tattoos because sometime i think i want to get some and sometime i think i should not get some and its a hard decision to take. Does some of you has some right now and if you do, do you regret it ?

Its an important question so please post if you ahve something about the subject

I have 2, dedicated to my wife's parents. They are on my upper right arm out of sight. They weren't bad to get, and I do recommend them, as long as they aren't ridiculous ones, or ones that are shown all the time. Some jobs down the road, might require you not to have tattoos shown, and if you do, you could lose that opportunity.
  • waterxm04waterxm04 November 2007
    I don't have one
    But if i were to give you advice this would be it:
    Get something that is truely truely meaningful to you, something you know will stand the test of time, and you would like to be permanent don't get a tribal band because it looks hard, don't get a symbol because its the in thing to do, get something that sincerly you know you will appreciate forever
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob November 2007
    I believe tattoos are worth it only if you find something very meaningfull. Don't try to find it in a hurry. You might just find it one day and decide it's the best tattoo you could have had. I would personnally get an animal because I am really fascinated by the power and strenght of animals. Like Gachi said have it somewhere hidden so you can work wherever you want to not be restricted.

Think about it and don't push too hard.
  • LethaLLethaL November 2007
    For thos who was woundering which style of tattoos i would like to get, i will give you a link

http://www.wwe.com/inside/superstarink/ortonphotos/

keep in mind this is my frist idea and its not my final decision
  • jkarate212jkarate212 November 2007
    QUOTE (LethaL @ Nov 11 2007, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    For thos who was woundering which style of tattoos i would like to get, i will give you a link

http://www.wwe.com/inside/superstarink/ortonphotos/

keep in mind this is my frist idea and its not my final decision

definitely not something I'd go for. Those seem more aimed towards guys who wanna look all big and badass
  • GovernorGovernor November 2007
    I don't have any tattoos myself, and I don't think I'd get any unless I was trying to preserve the memory of something (like how a lot of soldiers get tattoos representing their unit or fallen comrades or like gachi's tattoos for his parents). Otherwise, the only way I can really see any justification for a tattoo is if you are showing an appreciation of the art itself. For pretty much all other circumstances, I consider tattoos nothing more than a superficial body modification like unnecessary plastic surgery. To each their own, I suppose.
  • Retr0%5ERetr0^ November 2007
    i've been contemplating getting one myself, but I know I wouldn't get it for awhile. If I get one I want it on my shoulder blade. My initial thought was to get "And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee" - taken from the boondock saints. I am a Christian so it kinda has more meaning to it then just simply the badassness of the movie itself. But even if I knew that is what I wanted I would still spend alot of time looking at what kind of font I would want etc etc.

The best thing to keep in mind is to really spend alot of time in considering it because... obviously its with you for your life.
  • MagicMagic November 2007
    Like others above have said, I'd only get a tat if I found something I wanted to pay tribute to or if I found something that meant a lot to me.

Seems like you're thinking of getting a tat just so you can say you have one -- which is fine because it's your life -- just not something I would do.
  • coffeecoffee November 2007
    I have an eastern european tribal piece on my left shoulder, and an abstract red/black twisting piece on my right shoulder/back/chest. I designed and drew both of them, with some help from my artist on the first one. I also have a portrait of Tyler Durden on my calf. (1st fight outside Lou's Tavern scene)

If you are serious about getting one, plan the design and location carefully, and get your design custom drawn by your tattoo artist. Nothing sucks more than seeing someone else with the same tattoo you picked out of a book.

I definitely don't regret any of my tattoos, for me they're like a window into a particular stage in my life and encapsulates what I was thinking or doing at the time. I wouldn't really think too hard about it, you see the odd stupid tattoo in magazines and stuff but if you really look around it's only like 1% of the population tattoo-getters(?). At the very least if you do get something you don't want, you'd have a story to tell about it, but for me, I'd rather live my life in regret than not take part in it

Good luck with it~
  • carto0ncarto0n November 2007
    i have a half sleeve, and working on a full sleeve of my left arm in black and grey, and one in color on my right arm.

im doing it for a different reason than people have mentioned.

i have always been a huge art freak, paintings, drawings, sketches, graffiti, everything...
    i have transferred that love of art into personal works by a few artists, but on in particular...Tim Barnes.

Tim works at holeshot tattoos in amherst, ma. i have known this kid since he was 12 and he has always amazed me with his artistic ability.

me and him sit down and go over ideas that he has with ones that i do that incorperate work from such artists as M.C Escher, Salvadore Dali, and a few more....but with my/his own twist on them.

my advice to you lethal would be that if you are dead set on getting one.....do it, but dont do it until you KNOW what you want to get. dont pick something out of a book, or something that someone else has, make it a one-off piece.
  • azn+mikeazn mike November 2007
    QUOTE (cartoon. @ Nov 12 2007, 06:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    i have a half sleeve, and working on a full sleeve of my left arm in black and grey, and one in color on my right arm.

i have always been a huge art freak, paintings, drawings, sketches, graffiti, everything...
    i have transferred that love of art into personal works by a few artists, but on in particular...Tim Barnes.

Tim works at holeshot tattoos in amherst, ma. i have known this kid since he was 12 and he has always amazed me with his artistic ability.

me and him sit down and go over ideas that he has with ones that i do that incorperate work from such artists as M.C Escher, Salvadore Dali, and a few more....but with my/his own twist on them.

my advice to you lethal would be that if you are dead set on getting one.....do it, but dont do it until you KNOW what you want to get. dont pick something out of a book, or something that someone else has, make it a one-off piece.

Well to me your tattoos are done with something that is still meaningful, because you like art and such.

Lethal don't get something that is "popular". Like everyone else said in this thread, get a tattoo that either means something to you or get something that is unique and that you can call your own. Because you don't want to be one of those retarded people that gets a Chinese symbol because it's "cool" or something and don't even really know if the meaning of it is correct.
  • NonRootNonRoot November 2007
    QUOTE (cartoon. @ Nov 12 2007, 06:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im slowly working on getting a sleeve done. Right now I have a Virgin Mary on my upper arm, and am about to go get more work done on it. Im also planning in the near future to get a tat tributed to Sublime on the side of my leg.

Most of the work was originally designed by myself with the artist putting the finishing touches on them. My tats are based primarily on my love of music, as well as art. If I find a piece that I like, Ill try and recreate it into a design. I currently have about 10 designs that Im trying to perfect.
    once mine heals up ill snap some pics of it. tim has done a great job.
  • redboneredbone November 2007
    Don't have any, and don't have any plans on getting any.
  • ErlingErling November 2007
    I'm going to get barbed wire around my bicep! Fuckin' right!
  • PotatoPotato November 2007
    all the people above, especially the fight club one, post pics immediately. unless it's your dick, then just pm those to xemplar.
  • JonobonoJonobono November 2007
    Since no one has said it, I personally think tattoos deface the human body. I can't think of many reason to ever get one.
  • Retr0%5ERetr0^ November 2007
    to each his own, I suppose.
    the full phrase is: "To each his own said the farmer as he kissed the cow." true story.
  • cutchinscutchins November 2007
    QUOTE (Jonobono @ Nov 12 2007, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Since no one has said it, I personally think tattoos deface the human body. I can't think of many reason to ever get one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

HEY EVERYONE JONO IS A 70 YEAR OLD SCROOGE WHO CAN'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING THAT THESE CRAZY KIDS DO THESE DAYS
    Damn it, I've been caught.

If you're going to get a tattoo, cover it up. Which begs the question, why get one in the first place? Which begs an even more important question of why even entertain the thought of getting a tattoo, just to cover it up, WHEN YOU CAN"T EVEN DECIDE WHAT TO GET (Lethal, we're all getting together to jump off a cliff tonight, wanna come? <3 <3)

I never knew gachi or cartoon had tattoos. Let me make sure i understand this, you went through the process of having mildly painful needles pierce your skin, a foriegn substance injected into said, skin, and on top of it paid anywhere from $100-$500 to have it done, ONLY TO COVER IT UP!?!?!!

It's honestly mind boggling. Lets just chalk my angst toward tattoos to a crippling fear of needles.

P.S. Tramp stamps are nasty gachi, get yours removed.
    P.P.S. I'm deffinantly a creepy old man, don't let it fool you.
    QUOTE (Jonobono @ Nov 13 2007, 04:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Damn it, I've been caught.

If you're going to get a tattoo, cover it up. Which begs the question, why get one in the first place? Which begs an even more important question of why even entertain the thought of getting a tattoo, just to cover it up, WHEN YOU CAN"T EVEN DECIDE WHAT TO GET (Lethal, we're all getting together to jump off a cliff tonight, wanna come? <3 <3)

I never knew gachi or cartoon had tattoos. Let me make sure i understand this, you went through the process of having mildly painful needles pierce your skin, a foriegn substance injected into said, skin, and on top of it paid anywhere from $100-$500 to have it done, ONLY TO COVER IT UP!?!?!!

It's honestly mind boggling. Lets just chalk my angst toward tattoos to a crippling fear of needles.

P.S. Tramp stamps are nasty gachi, get yours removed.
    P.P.S. I'm deffinantly a creepy old man, don't let it fool you.

to make this short and sweet....

the generation before us has pretty much the same view on tattoos you do, they are the presidents and ceo's and such and such of OUR time. they run the companies we work for. i work in corporate america and for me to have tattoo covered arms wouldnt present a positive image to the types of clients we deal with. i understand that, respect that, and cover mine up while im at work.

when im on my free time and i wear tshirts where my tattoos are visibile i dont do it to show it off, but i have my tattoos as something that means something to me, something that says a little about who i am, what i like, and where i come from. its used as a scrapbook for my arm so that by the time im 80 i can peel back my wrinkled old skin and look back at what i have accomplished. they also provide a story to tell...i get it all the time, people asking me "whats this, whats that mean" i think tattoos are becoming genereally more accepted in todays society and that the future of corporate america will look diferently upon then they do now.

but yes, i had needles stab me for hours, ink put into my skin.....and i not only volunteered for it....I PAYED FOR IT!!! HOLY SHIT!?

why? pain in temporary, memories are forever.
    I'd like to emphasize that opinions are opinions, they don't determine right or wrong.

To further support cartoons statement. I was born in rural North Carolina to a family known for hard work and comfortable living. The thought of even getting a tattoo never even crossed my mind, as I knew I'd probably become an outcast among my extended family. That statement remains true today. I would more than likely find myself unwelcome with my grandparents if they knew I ever got a tattoo. It was really never a temptation for me.
  • GovernorGovernor November 2007
    Psht...opinions can certainly be wrong. What a load image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Perhaps it is more of a personality flaw in those around you that they would be opposed to something so unimportant as a tattoo than it is those people that want to get one themselves.
  • 0%3Duid%28root%290=uid(root) November 2007
    i hate everyone.

it doesn't matter if they have tattoos or not.

chances are, i want to punch you in the throat.
  • azn+mikeazn mike November 2007
    QUOTE (0=uid(root) @ Nov 13 2007, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    i hate everyone.

You couldn't punch me even if you tried. I'm your asian monkey that hangs around your back all the time. How can you hate me.
  • jkarate212jkarate212 November 2007
    QUOTE (0=uid(root) @ Nov 13 2007, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    i hate everyone.

punch me in the throat? you mean stick yourself up my throat.
  • BillBill November 2007
    One more thing for the cops to identify you by.

This is exactly what I meant by my previous statements
  • coffeecoffee November 2007
    moot point since we aren't criminals. i hope. seventeen, eighteen, what's the difference
    i really don't want to punch anyone in the throat.

that doesn't mean you're off the hook and i like you.

cept for bill. he's the man, but don't think i'm afraid of his burly stature. i just found a solution. big man that smokes ain't runn' too fast for my pumas.
  • cutchinscutchins November 2007
    i'm getting a giant tattoo of bill on my ass
    QUOTE (CJ. @ Nov 14 2007, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    i'm getting a giant tattoo of bill on my ass

i approve!
  • Australian+WitchAustralian Witch November 2007
    I'm getting a tattoo probably after winter break....
  • GachiGachi November 2007
    Tramp stamps? How about I mushroom stamp your forehead Jono? You can't cover that shit up.
    hahahahahah!
  • ChillsonChillson November 2007
    This is mine. Important to me.
    elaborate?

also

mushroom stamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fantastic use of the lingo.
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf November 2007
    I would say get a nice Opus the Penguin on your left buttock.
  • redboneredbone November 2007
    QUOTE (Hexenwulf @ Nov 21 2007, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I would say get a nice Opus the Penguin on your left buttock.

Good stuff.
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob November 2007
    Hey Michel don't get those WWE guy tattoos, they certainly don't represent anything for you so keep working image/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />.
  • waterxm04waterxm04 November 2007
    Jono people chose to cover it up because some people in the business world don't understand the significance it holds to that individual and feel it is in fact a despoilment of the body.

Which in my opinion is both ok, and not. I do not see how the placement of a tatoo can make you inadequate for the job, but i can see a Ceo thinking it's trashy due to a ignorance of meaning

They pay that much because it is a prized possession, something so momentous that it's worth living with them forever.

I have toyed with the idea if I ever found something meaningful enough, but I highly doubt I will ever get one done.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership