Good Luck Gachi
  • MeatonMeaton May 2010
    Hey Matt Good Luck if you get time to read this.. Be safe return soon...

And remember hacks don't work in real life unless you got a air unit above LOL
  • PheylanPheylan May 2010
    Since I'm guessing this means he's leaving, good luck buddy. Stay safe.
  • NunesNunes May 2010
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ May 2 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Since I'm guessing this means he's leaving, good luck buddy. Stay safe.

Seriously.

Come home in one piece with a medal or two and a bunch of boring stories.
  • GachiGachi May 2010
    Yes, I leave for Afghanistan this week. All I need is an AWP and a good hiding spot in Assault, and it's game on!

If I get time, I'll post updates from the computers they have at the FOB for recreation during our off time. Thanks for the support and if you want to send me snail mail, I'll give you my mailing address over there.
    I've told you this before, but if you end up needing any equipment, let me know. I know several guys that return at various rotations and like to pass the gear on to people that need it.
  • GovernorGovernor May 2010
    Stay safe, man! Come back in one piece. How long are you deployed? And yes, please send me the mailing address, and I'll at least send you some nude pictures of myself.
  • Just come back safe.
  • woerwoer May 2010
    Please post your addy. Also, is there any goodies you want, like your favorite snack or something?

edit: also, what are you bringing for a knife? I have a few good quality ones sitting around here unused I could send.
  • LethaLLethaL May 2010
    Goodluck gachi, come back in one piece
  • GachiGachi May 2010
    nude pics of gov... highly interested.

so, the address is as follows:

LCpl Eaton, Matthew James
    3/3 H&S Co S6
    Unit 44070
    APO FP 96607-4070

If you are to send packages, send smaller ones. Mail currently takes 2-3 weeks to get there I'm told.

Z, I have an issued bayonet, and a folding ka-bar pocket knife I bought. Thanks though!

Not sure on goodies... Skittles are a plus image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Thanks for the support everyone!
  • carto0ncarto0n May 2010
    good luck buddy, a shame we couldnt have met up while i was in Hawaii........next time for sure.

Godspeed
  • woerwoer May 2010
    Skittles?! Have you tried the new 'dual core' skittles (it's not 'dual core' but it's something implying a different core)? They are awesome because the flavors are great and they're like 25-50% bigger than normal Skittles. If you have not tried them, expect some.
    QUOTE (z @ May 3 2010, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Skittles?! Have you tried the new 'dual core' skittles (it's not 'dual core' but it's something implying a different core)? They are awesome because the flavors are great and they're like 25-50% bigger than normal Skittles. If you have not tried them, expect some.

I haven't tried them...
  • good luck gachmaster, be safe
  • dandan May 2010
    Good luck Matt!
  • GachiGachi May 2010
    Thanks for the support guys. I haven't tried the dual core skittles yet, but I have seen them.
  • mungomungo May 2010
    Be safe big guy.
  • KPKP May 2010
    Be safe man, good luck.
  • GachiGachi May 2010
    Thanks again for the support. I appreciate it.
  • MeatonMeaton May 2010
    GOOD LUCK !!!!
  • GachiGachi May 2010
    Thanks Mike.
  • GachiGachi May 2010
    Just an update. Here in Kyrgyzstan for a few days after a long 2 days of flying it seemed. I think it was like 5 hours to San Francisco, then another 5 or 6 to Maine, then 7.5 to Germany, and another 6 to get here. Jet lagged like a mofo!

I'll report in when I can when I'm actually in Afghanistan just giving you all the update.

Just an update. Here in Kyrgyzstan for a few days after a long 2 days of flying it seemed. I think it was like 5 hours to San Francisco, then another 5 or 6 to Maine, then 7.5 to Germany, and another 6 to get here. Jet lagged like a mofo!

I'll report in when I can when I'm actually in Afghanistan just giving you all the update.
    QUOTE (Gachi @ May 8 2010, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They even made you do the trip twice. That's rough.
  • GachiGachi May 2010
    Well, finally posting from the Stan. so much traveling that I have done. Enjoyed a few sandstorms/windstorms yesterday. Will keep checking in as much as I can.
  • woerwoer May 2010
    QUOTE (Gachi @ May 12 2010, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Well, finally posting from the Stan. so much traveling that I have done. Enjoyed a few sandstorms/windstorms yesterday. Will keep checking in as much as I can.

What kind of eyewear do you use in sandstorms?
  • GachiGachi May 2010
    We are issued ESS gear... goggles and ballistic lenses. I have prescription inserts for them courtesy of the Corps as well, so it's nice to wear shades out here!

Going to my final destination sometime tonight so will check in when I can as usual.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership